References for Qin Jiushao
- H Peng-Yoke, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
- U Libbrecht, Chinese mathematics in the thirteenth century : the Shu-shu chiu-chang of Ch'in Chiu-shao (Cambridge, Mass., 1973).
- J-C Martzloff, A history of Chinese mathematics (Berlin-Heidelberg, 1997).
- J-C Martzloff, Histoire des mathématiques chinoises (Paris, 1987).
- K Shen, J N Crossley and A W-C Lun, The nine chapters on the mathematical art : Companion and commentary (Beijing, 1999).
- G C Smith, S Radvansky and M Chiba, History of mathematics and related sciences : an annotated bibliography of sources held by Monash University Library (Clayton, 1992).
- Li Yen, An outline of Chinese mathematics (Chinese) Vol. I ( Peking 1958).
- U Libbrecht, Chinese mathematics. (Dutch), Simon Stevin 49 (4) (1975/76), 145-158.
- J-C Martzloff, Chinese mathematical astronomy, in H Selin and U D'Ambrosio (eds.), Mathematics across cultures. The history of non-Western mathematics (Dordrecht, 2000), 373-407.
- Y Mikami, The development of mathematics in China and Japan (Leipzig-New York, 1913), 63-78.
- Chien Pao-tsung, The research of Chin Chiu-shao on the book Nine chapters of mathematics, in Discourses on the history of mathematics of the Sung and Yuan period (Peking 1966).
- Pai Shang-shu, An inquiry into the solution techniques of nine surveying problems raised by Chin Chiu-shao, in Discourses on the history of mathematics of the Sung and Yuan period (Peking 1966).
- K Shen, The historical development of the Chinese remainder theorem (Chinese), J. Hangzhou Univ. Natur. Sci. Ed. 15 (3) (1988), 270-282.
- K S Shen, Historical development of the Chinese remainder theorem, Arch. Hist. Exact Sci. 38 (4) (1988), 285-305.
- K S Shen, Number-theoretic propositions in the Da Yan problems of the Shu shu jiu zhang (Chinese), J. Hangzhou Univ. Natur. Sci. Ed. 13 (4) (1986), 421-434.
- V K Zharov, On two problems in the treatise 'Nine books on mathematics' by Ch'in Chiu Shao (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. 30 (1986), 338-343.
MacTutor History of Mathematics