References for Leonard Adleman
- G Kolata, 'Hitting the High Spots of Computer Theory: Leonard Adleman', The New York Times, December 13, 1994.
- W Diffie and M Hellman, 'New Directions in Cryptography', IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. IT-22, November 1976, pp. 644-654.
- M Gardner, 'Mathematical Games: A new kind of cipher that would take millions of years to break', Scientific American, August 1977, pp. 120-124.
- L Adleman, R S Rumely, C Pomerance, 'On Distinguishing Prime Numbers from Composite Numbers', Annals of Mathematics, 117, 1983, pp. 173-206.
- J Rennie, 'Balanced Immunity', Scientific American, May 1993, pp. 10-11.
- L Adleman and David Wofsy, 'T-cell Homeostasis: Implications in HIV', JAIDS, 1993, pp. 144-152.
- L Adleman, 'Computing with DNA', Scientific American, August 1998, pp. 34-41.
- C H Bennet and R Landauer, 'The Fundamental Physical Limits of Computation', Scientific American, July 1985, pp. 38-46.
- L Adleman, 'Molecular Computation of Solutions to Combinatorial Problems', Science, 266, November 11, 1994, pp. 1021-1024.
- R J Lipton, 'DNA Solution of Hard Computational Problems', Science, 268, April 28 1994, pp. 542-545.
- S Lovgren, 'Computer Made from DNA and Enzymes', National Geographic News , February 24, 2003.
- E Shapiro, B Gill, R Adar, U Ben-Dor and Y Benenson, 'An Autonomous Molecular Computer for Logical Control of Gene Expression', Nature, 429, pp. 423-429 (Published online on April 28, 2004).
- J D Watson, N H Hopkins, J W Roberts, J A Steitz, A M Weiner, 'Molecular Biology of the Gene' (Benjamin/Cummings, Menlo Park, CA, ed. 3, 1987).
MacTutor History of Mathematics